sábado, 28 de febrero de 2009

Music Hunter

I have decided to write this blog in English (some Spanish will show sometimes) because I think the collectors of around the world will find the information useful. There are a lot of other popular latin music blogs, all of them in Spanish. So I will make my best effort to gather links and information in English since it´s my intention to expand the reach of this long forgotten music.

I will start with an essential list of resources, where you can find a lot of interesting material and information:

- SALVAVINILOS: http://www.salvavinilos.org/
This is a project I would really like to be involved with, I personally own a fair amount of vinyl records, and spent money in preparing my PC to digitalize them... but a full time Marketing career and a family did not give me the time to do it. In Salvavinilos you will find an excellent collection of music from Venezuela, Latin America and some english classics too.

- FUNDACION INTERNACIONAL JOSE GUILLERMO CARRILO: A library of voices of the XX century - http://www.fundacionjoseguillermocarrillo.com
This is a little known and surprising site, they have biographies and music in mp3 format (low quality) but you will have access to some wonderful things, like Lorenzo Herrera´s records, Luis Alfonzo Larrain and other hard to find artists. You gotta have patience and browse the site because it has a LOT of information.

- I´ve been able to find very valuable music (valuable to me ;)) in several specialized forums, I will not list them because they are usually private and require registration. I recommend you to start googling what you are looking for, be methodic: if you don´t find anything try every month or every couple months... you never know when another collector decides to share what you are needing. It has worked for me, and I have made good friends in the way. Just be perseverant!

Good luck in your adventure!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario